Welcome Message from the President/CEO
On behalf of Saint Michael College of Allied Health, it is my privilege to welcome you to our learning community. One of our goals is to provide an environment that will enhance and stimulate learning for our students.
Our primary mission is to provide nursing education to men and women from diverse backgrounds and cultures, and we are here to support you every step of the way. This is accomplished through the collaborative efforts of faculty, staff, the healthcare industry, and our community.
Michael Adedokun, Ph.D, RN, CNE, NEA-BC, PMHNP-BC
About Saint Michael college of allied health (smcah)
Saint Michael College of Allied Health was incorporated in the State of Virginia as an educational institution on July 3, 2007. The College is certified by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia to offer an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing and approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing. Saint Michael College of Allied Health is accredited by the Council on Occupational Education, 7840 Roswell Road Building 300, Suite 325 Atlanta, GA 30350. http://www.council.org, the accreditation was reaffirmed in October 2018, and the next reaffirmation is due in 2024.
Saint Michael College of Allied Health Practical Nursing program was established in July 2003 under the name of Comprehensive Health Academy; the name was changed in January 2013 after the school became a branch campus of Saint Michael College of Allied Health. The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Rd NE #850, Atlanta, GA 30326 accredits the Practical Nursing Program, and reaffirmation is due in fall 2022.
On September 13, 2018, the branch campus was granted a provisional licensure approval to offer the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing by the District of Columbia Higher Education Licensure Commission. On July 3, 2019, the District of Columbia Board of Nursing voted and approved the college to initiate an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing.
- To provide an environment that will enhance and stimulate learning for students.
- To employ and retain qualified and experienced faculty who meet the State Board of Nursing and Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) criteria to implement a defined program of learning based on stated philosophy, goals and curriculum framework
- To prepare graduates who are eligible for licensure and are able to practice competently in entry-level positions in a variety of healthcare settings
- To maintain a high level of successful first time NCLEX test takers so that nursing needs in the community are met in a timely fashion.
- Integrity: Respect for the dignity, equality, diversity, and potential of self and others in personal and professional interactions.
- Responsibility: Accountability in personal, professional, community, and fiscal affairs and services provided.
- Accessibility: Equal opportunity to advance professionally and personally in a clean, safe, stimulating, and aesthetically pleasing environment.
- Collaboration: Partnerships among students, faculty, staff, and community to promote open and effective communication, decision-making, and implementation of ideas and processes.
- Life Long Learning: Facilitation of intellectual and technical growth through a commitment to continuous improvement, innovation, and appreciation of individual’s experience.